“Men & Women Wanted: For hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success.”
― Ernest Shackleton (apart from a little alteration)
We have an immediate need of an experienced software engineer to join our Wattics team in Dublin.
It is thrilling to see how software analytics are key in generating insights into energy saving opportunities, can change people’s behavior and derive actions to save money. At Wattics, we apply cutting-edge computer science to the biggest humanity addictions: Electricity, Gas and Water consumption. Our cloud-based software assists energy professionals to save energy for some of the biggest multinationals and we partner with Global players that believe becoming greener is the way to go.
Wattics was named as ‘Best Emerging Company in Ireland’, shortlisted for ‘Best Transport, Travel or Environmental Startup in Europe’, and being perceived as a game changer. We provide one of the most appealing technology for cloud-based energy management to clients globally.
If you are a positive, hard worker, innovative thinker and want to join a cool team in a vibrant and fast growing company in the exciting Dublin, we’d love you to join our team.
Everybody in the team is key and responsible for the success of the company. Your work will provide a real impact on the World.
Compensation and benefits
Compensation package is based on qualifications and experience with a salary range between €25k and €40k annually.
We want you to be part of the core team and have a scheme for you to obtain share options in Wattics.
• You function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
• You are a passionate developer with a BS or MS in a computer-related or hard science field
• You are detail-oriented, methodical, a perfectionist and work well with others
• You have a knowledge of relational databases, MySQL preferred
• You have excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
• You can handle direct client communication and develop new product specifications.
• You have done some great work and aren’t afraid to show it.
• You will work with an excited international team of skilled engineers in an agile development environment
• You will be responsible for the design and implementation of new features and functionalities according to client requirements in Ruby On Rails cloud services.
• You will actively contribute to brainstorming, technology roadmap and strategy sessions.
• You will be responsible for proactively looking for ways to improve performance, simplify interactions, and automating management for better consumption.
Tools you will use
• Ruby On Rails
• JQuery, Backbone (Marionette,js)
• Rspec, Capybara, Jasmine
• Linux shell
• Git & Github (code reviews are part of our workflow)
• TDD (Rspec) and agile methodologies
• Apply by sending a CV at firstname.lastname@example.org let us know what you are passionate about and give us a feel of who you are.
• Include links to your GitHub, Twitter, or anything that you are particularly proud to share.